Medical Device Puerto Rico is the island's most trusted source for education, innovation, and collaborative opportunities in the field of high-tech precision Medical Device manufacturing. Networking essential to business growth, strengthened by the alignment with Puerto Rico's pharmaceutical industry, is as important here as the exploration of new products and services that enhance human life and health. Medical Device Puerto Rico is an event for all professionals involved in the manufacturing and packaging of Medical Devices and instruments.
Show Dates and Hours:
Thursday, October 10 – Friday, October 11, 2013
Puerto Rico Convention Center - San Juan, Puerto Rico
Exhibit Hall Hours
Thursday, October 10: 1:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday, October 11: 1:00pm – 7:00pm
Medical Device Industry in Puerto Rico
- Over 50% of all pacemakers and defibrillators sold in the US mainland are manufactured in Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico is one of the fastest growing medical device manufacturing locations with more than $5 billion in shipments of medical devices leaving the island each year.
- Medtronic in PR is investing $50 million into expanding its Puerto Rico operations over the next 3 years, which will add over 200 new jobs.
- There are 36 medical device companies with 36 facilities that employ 15,000 people on the island.
- 13 of the top 15 Medical Device companies are established in Puerto Rico.
- 69 Medical Device Plants
- Medical Device industry accounts for 10% of Puerto Rico’s jobs and 5% of the island’s GDP.
- All 69 Medical Device plants have been involved in continued investment from maintaining or making upgrades in Building Maintenance, Tools, Systems, and Equipment in the past two years.
|| # Attendees
|Johnson & Johnson - Lifescan
|St. Jude Medical
Interested in Exhibiting?
Through the exhibition, conference, and networking activities at Medical Device Puerto Rico, manufacturers will find solutions for improving their business, from increasing process efficiencies and regulatory compliance to improving product quality and bottom line performance.
- Adhesives, Coatings, Sealants
- Components and Parts
- Disposable Device Components
- Electronic Components
- Cleanrooms and Environmental Controls
- Manufacturing Equipment
- Production/Assembly Equipment & Software
- Pumps & Valves
- Sterilization Equipment
- Testing & Instrumentation
- Tubing Products and Materials
- And much more...
Sample of 2012 exhibitors:
- Apple Rubber Products
- Bunting Earls
- Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology
- Classic Industries
- Computer Designs
- DA/Pro Rubber Inc.
- DPSS Lasers
- Innovative Laser Technologies Inc.
- JK Lasers, GSI Group
- Kimco Distributing Corporationa
- Merit Medical Systems
- Microptics Service, Inc.
- Mold-Tech Inc.
- Preco Inc.
- Qosina Corp
- Rofin-Lasag Lasers
- Transcat Inc.